Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fly Without the Plane

It is the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without the plane ~ Charles Lindbergh

January and February can be the coldest months of the year. I don't mind anymore, because I love staying in with a good book! (I don't usually complain about the heat in the summer for the same reason.)

I've always been an avid reader since I was young. Now, when  I read, I always try to find a writer's lesson in each book. The older I get the more moral lessons I glean from the pages.

My favorite books are usually historicals, hence the reason I write them. I grew up on the Little House books and graduated very quickly to John Jakes, Alex Haley, etc. as a teenager.

Now I like read about LGBT characters in historical settings. The community has enough issues today, can you imagine what it was like to live with a same sex spouse in the 1800s? The early 1900s?  That's what I like to read about these days.

Check out Erato's full line of LGBT novels. Whether you like historical, contemporary, or paranormal, Erato has something for you.

What are you reading this week?

When the War Between the States ended in 1865 many Americans emerged from the turmoil energized by their possibilities for the future. Frank Greerson and Gregory Young were no different. After battling southern rebels and preserving the Union, the two men set out to battle the Kansas Prairie and build a life together. Frank yearned for his own farm, away from his family—even at the risk of alienating them. Gregory, an only child, returned home to claim his inheritance to help finance their adventure out west.

Between the difficult work of establishing a farm on the unforgiving Kansas prairie, and the additional obstacles provided by the weather, Native Americans and wild animals, will their love and loyalty be enough to sustain them through the hardships?

With inspiration from some historical tourism sites, the love of reading, and a desire to write a novel, L. Dean Pace-Frech started crafting his debut novel, A Place to Call Their Own, in 2008. After four years of writing and polishing the manuscript, he submitted it for publication and Musa Publishing offered him a contract in early 2013. Disappear With Me is his second novel. 

Dean lives in Kansas City, Missouri with his partner, Thomas, and their two cats. They are involved in their church and enjoy watching movies, outdoor activities in the warmer weather and spending time together with friends and family. In addition to writing, Dean enjoys reading and patio gardening. 

Prior to novels, Dean did some technical writing in his career. He plans to write a sequel to both A Place to Call Their Own and Disappear with Me



1 comment:

  1. Hey there, homie! I grew up in KC. And here I am, writing 19th and early 20th century lesbian fiction. Maybe we were separated at birth?

    ReplyDelete