A query letter, including a synopsis of your story and your publication history if applicable;
a full synopsis of your story and the first twenty pages of your manuscript EMBEDDED IN THE EMAIL.
We will not open attachments, and will send an email rejecting you for not following our submission guidelines. Most writers don't realize that this instruction is your first test with any publication. We thought we'd make it easier for you and let you know up front. We will not open any attachments in your query email. Ever.
If we like what we see, we will request your entire story in standard electronic manuscript format (1 inch margins-top, bottom, and sides; 12 pt Times New Roman font, NO BOLDING, double spaced, non-justified right margin).
WHAT MUSA IS LOOKING FOR
Musa is a royalty-paying small publisher. Musa does not charge fees for set up, printing, or anything else. Money flows to the author, not the other way around. Musa Publishing has a zero tolerance policy toward plagiarism.
Musa absolutely will not publish any stories that include the following:
- Incest (unless a historical set in an ancient setting like Egypt or some fantasy stories)
- Necrophilia (this doesn't apply to the Undead—like vampires)
- Gratuitous rape or rape intended to titillate (rape as necessary for the plot and presented in a non-titillating fashion will be considered)
- Scat or golden showers
- Bestiality (shapeshifters in human form is okay)
- Material that discriminates or displays extreme prejudice against another race, gender or sexual orientation
Musa will consider submissions of any length from short story to epic novel for all imprints.
We will consider reprints to rights reverted stories. We do not accept multiple submissions. We will publish all books electronically. We will be taking books to print as the company stabilizes.